Thursday, February 24, 2005

Prayer

I'm so thankful for the community that God has dropped me in. at MOC in our life group we spent the whole time praying for my dad and my family and i really felt God's love through them. God has shown me lately a new reason to love Him. He just put on my heart how even though i feel helpless in this situation with my dad's sickness i'm not. Prayer is so powerfull because God wants to say yes to our prayers.
-James 5:16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.
it has been really amazing to see the number of righteous men a women that are praying for my dad, for my family and for me. it thank you all and thank God for you and i ask and pray that you would keep praying strongly. all this made me think of how not having faith in God has to be so hard. i could see it leading to compleate dispair not knowing that God is working for us and loves us. that has to be such a dark place. so i also ask that you pray for the people in you life that don't have that and that they would find the hope and peace that comes with knowing God. if that is you: know that God does love you and wants you to come to him. it's not just some kind of religiuos, superstitious wacked out crap. it is real and i feel it and see it. in addition i've learned that as christians it is our responsibility and calling to pray for eachother.
-Ephesians 6:18 With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints,
And there is a stregth in numbers when praying.
-2 Corinthians 1:11 you also joining in helping us through your prayers, so that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the favor bestowed on us through the prayers of many.
these thoughts have given me real peace and hope and i wish the same for you.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so i was just chilling in my room all by myself and reading your post and i want to cry...i have so much respect for you, patrick, and so much admiration. here God has thrown some serious struggles in your life and your thoughts and comments are inspiring me...you seriously rock my socks! you are such a person of light in my life, God's light just shines in and through you- i almsot feel as if i never knew this side of you in high school, and i just hope our friendship continues so i can learn more! (and also share exciting stories) i have been praying for you and your family like crazy, along with my roomie and my family...i don't think i've ever met your dad, but i feel like i know him through all the stories you've told me, and i feel like whatever is in God's plan for him, he will embrace. and through all this AWESOME prayer, i totally see great things!!! i miss you and love you!

12:14:00 AM  
Blogger Dan Price said...

Hey bro, it's good to read your thoughts, you are so encouraging. It was good to see you this weekend and it was great to meet Ashley, she is really cool. If you ever need to talk, email me and I'll give you a call. Love you man.

12:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep on trusting God buddy and He will do miracles... I love ya and I'm prayin for you..
~Your Cousin
Aaron

7:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep on trusting God buddy and He will do miracles... I love ya and I'm prayin for you and the entire family.
~Your Cousin
Aaron

7:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patrick
You are one of the most amazing people I have ever met in my life. Although things have been hard lately, you have stood strong and upheld your faith. You truly are an example for all of us. Just know that I am praying for you and your family each day and I am thinking about you all the time. I know God has a wonderful plan set out for your life and I am thankful He let me be a part of it. I miss you and love you ! Make sure you keep in touch!
(hall buddy! )

4:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home